Macronutrients are carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
Carbohydrates are essential for good health, but you need to eat the right kind of
High carb foods convert into sugar in your body. You may want to consider eating
these in moderation, especially if your adrenals are fatigued. Fatigued adrenals
cannot handle a lot of sugar and starches and cannot heal if they are inflamed
continuously from a high sugar/ starch diet.
● Bread (Choose whole wheat or nut bread over refined white bread. You can
also use big leaf lettuce as a wrap for your favorite sandwiches, burgers,
● Rice (Eat wild rice over white rice or replace with rice cauliflower. You can
find rice cauliflower in the freezer section at your local grocery store.)
● Pasta (Replace your usual pasta with veggie pasta or if your feeling
adventurous use spaghetti squash, it’s lower in carbs, has higher nutrition,
and the fiber in it is great for your digestive system. Most people can’t tell
the difference between pasta and spaghetti squash.)
● Breakfast cereals (If you’re going to eat cereal make sure to get the ones
with essential vitamins added to them. Or replace your cereal with fruit,
yogurt, and nuts or a smoothie. Eggs are also a healthy alternative and are
a complete protein.
● Potatoes (Are another high starch, high carb food. Sweet potatoes are
better for you and are part of the rainbow but should be eaten in moderation. You can also replace potatoes all together with cauliflower or radishes. You can boil up both of these vegetables, mash them and then add some butter a touch of sea salt and
*Did I mention that by treating your adrenals with lots of love you can lose weight