Hulling strawberries creates a large cavity that’s ideal for making stuffed strawberries, with creamy goat cheese, basil, and pistachios. Serve the berries as an elegant appetizer or a satisfying snack, one serving (3 berries) offers loads of antioxidants and 9 grams of protein.
- 1 pint (12 ounces/340g) organic strawberries
- 4 ounces (113g) creamy chèvre (goat cheese), room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil leaves, plus 12 small leaves for garnish
- 1 pinch each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce/28g) shelled pistachios, finely chopped
Wash the strawberries. Using a paring knife, hull the strawberries, creating a cone-shaped pocket in the top of each berry. Pat dry with paper towels.
In a small bowl, blend the cheese, chopped basil, salt and pepper with a fork until combined. Spoon the cheese mixture into the bottom corner of a zip-top bag. Cut off a little of the corner of the bag to create a makeshift pastry bag. Pipe the cheese mixture into the strawberries.
Dip the top of each berry in the chopped nuts and garnish with one of the reserved basil leaves. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 3 strawberries
Per serving: Calories: 139; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 25mg; Sodium: 140mg; Carbohydrate: 10g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 7g